This is a role for someone who relishes a systems-level perspective; who doesn’t just work well with constraints but who wants to define those constraints.
As an early member of the team, you will have the opportunity to define the foundation of our product, and the culture of our design team.
Seeking a seasoned product designer who thinks big and starts small
LOCATION: REMOTE / NYC
Dept. of Design
- you are comfortable conducting user testing
- you have motion design experience, and know when to employ interactive prototypes as part of the design process
- you’re a Universe user :)
What does the future of the internet look like?
More than just designing websites, how do you craft a system that enables and inspires others to build their own sites?
About the role
To apply, send us an email with a note about yourself and a link to your portfolio or relevant work sample. 👇
We encourage applicants from any and all backgrounds, and are committed to ensuring our team supports a range of voices and perspectives.
Universe is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- You think big, but start small
- You have experience crafting mobile tools
- You have a deep understanding of iOS interaction patterns
- You've seen a product through multiple iterations/life cycles, and can incorporate insights back into future iterations
- You possess a keen eye for beautiful, usable interfaces
- You strive to learn more, ask questions, and grow both professionally and personally
- Above all else, you should be able to think deeply about what makes a design work—or not— and clearly articulate why to everyone involved